Friday, February 26, 2010

Hate love hate lovE

I've always loved how people hate on Jordan's when they first come out. It's been going on since the beginning. There are always people that hate the new Jordan's.

People hated the V's when they first came out.

People hated the X's when they first came out.

People hated the Carmines when they first came out.

People hated the VIII's when they first came out.

People hated the XV's when they first came out.

People hated the VII's when they first came out.

See where I'm going with this?


Funny thing is, if you wait a few years, these shoes become popular.

Right before the OG XI came out, a retail chain here in Denver got a HUGE shipment of X's. They couldn't sell them. Even at $50 a pop. They sat in the stores for weeks. A couple of years ago I saw that same shoe sell for over $300. OG carmines didn't sell. You could find them at stores a year and a half after they released(that's how I got mine). Now they go for incredible amounts. People used to laugh at the Aqua VIII's, I sold mine for $50. Now they go for a lot more then that.

I think later Jordan's have suffered from the Retro craze, from the XV on. But I also think they will start getting some of that attention that the older Jordan's get pretty soon. Maybe not as much, just simply because there are TONS of Jordan products out now. But a lot of the people that started in the later models are at the point where some of us were with the older models. Meaning, when I started wearing the XIV's, I had been in Jordan's for about 10 years. I looked back at those old shoes(IV, V, VI) with a bit of fondness. People that started wearing Jordan's with the XIII or XIV are at that point.

Now we're in the 2000's, no more roman numerals. People are back to the hating. I can't wait to see what the 2009 goes for in 2020.

Probably a lot more then you think. Look at the history.

No comments:

Post a Comment