Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking forward to new shoes

I've been waiting for the new Air Jordan to come out for a couple of months now. Ever since the first pics "leaked" out to the web. I can get them from a site, but I think I'm going to do it old school this year and get them at a retail store.

This is the first time I've actually looked forward to a new Jordan release in a long time. I think the last one I was excited about was the XVII. I never got to wear that shoe because of an ACL injury that put me out of action for a while.

I used to look forward to Jordan release every year around this time. It started with me at the VII. I had earlier Jordans, but I never got them on the release date. It used to be kind of hard to get the release date back then. No internet, no helpful people at the stores, no luck.

I think this Jordan will be one of the greats. I know people are tripping on the "eye", but I think thats a really nice, new gimmick. At the very least they are trying something different. I know these aren't going to sell to well. That will be a shame. More pairs for me I guess.

I also think the "eye" will yellow, just like the ones on the man himself, after a few months. But oh well. At least these aren't $200 shoes. I think. Still hurt the wallet a little bit. But full length Zoom air, double stacked in the real, is worth it. That junk they had in the 24's wasn't very good.

Yes, I still call them by their numbers. They tried that year crap years ago and you see how well it worked. Ever asked anyone about the Air Jordan 1998's?

No comments:

Post a Comment