Thursday, June 10, 2010

Assholes and elbows.....

So, as I've mentioned here a few times, I am selling off a majority of my collection. It's something I've wanted to do for a while and I intend to start a whole new one in the very near future.

I am using eBay to sell most of it. We all know how horrible eBay is. Well here's yet another tail for ya!

I sell my OG Carmines to this guy. I pack them up and send them on their way. Kind hard to see them go, but it was time.







So I see the guy gets them through the tracking number. Doesn't leave feedback, not a big deal. That shit happens all the time.

I get a message on Monday from the buyer. He says the shoes are damaged and are falling apart. Me, not being a newbie to all this eBay crap, ask him for pictures of the "damage", thinking he would just be complaining about the cracks in the soles and foam. Damage that I mentioned in the auction. He's just being a typical modern sneakerhead and trying to get some of his money back, so I figured.

He send me this, if you have a soft spot in your heart for beat OG's don't read any rather-






ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He claimed they came straight out of the box like that and wants a refund.

I reply there is NO WAY IN HELL they could have been that damaged while being shipped. I call bullshit!

We go back and forth for a while. Then he states that the soles fell off when he went to take out the laces. Still wants a refund, only now he wants all his money back.

Wait, which is it? Did they come like that or did they fall apart when he handled them. I call bullshit again!!! I tell him that the ONLY way you could get that type of damage on an old shoe like this is to wear them.

He starts saying that it's my fault and he never wore them. I didn't put in the auction that they were not wearable. He makes a big deal out of that. The whole "soles have started to crack and uppers have several holes in them" line AND the "these shoes are 18 years old" line don't mean anything I guess.

Wait, why is he making a big deal out of that? By this point, he's told me several times that he never wore them. He keeps telling me that he never wore them.

Let me be clear on this, I've been in this sneaker thing for over 20 years! I know more about this shit them most people will ever know. When I see damage like that, I know it's from wearing them.

I share this with him.

He tells me that his 22 month old daughter got a hold of them and did this to them.

WAIT, now I have 3, THREE, 3 different stories from this guy!!!

So I point out that he's told me 3 different stories. I also point out that he just admitted that they were damaged while in his possession.

He still wants a refund.

I finally tell him I'm not doing anything. 3 different stories, admission of damage and assholeness leave me feeling like this is my only option.

Assholes like this need to get elbowed in the mouth.

Assholes and elbows!!!



Edit june 11-

So the idiot finally filled, but with eBay and not Paypal.

And there is a FORTH story about how they got damaged. He's claiming the extreme temperature diffences during the shipping process may have lead to the damage.

..........

I'll let you decide on that one. Personally, I call bullshit for a forth time.

Guy just can't own up to his mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment