Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Outdoor basketball/streetball/real basketball

It's that time of year, the snow has stopped falling, the sun is out more. Time for some streetball!!!

Every year around this time I start to see people posting about what shoes are good for playing outdoors. And every year around this time I start to see people replying with some really silly ideas.

People almost always respond with expensive ass, top of the line sneaks.

Are you serious? Your going to pay top dollar for shoes that are going to be destroyed in about a month?

When I first started playing ball, all I did was streetball. Real streetball, not the pansy ass And1/no rules crap. I went through so many shoes, more then I went through later when I only played indoors.

Outdoor ball is SO much harder on you sneakers. Concrete is a grinder, it literally grinds away your shoes. I had shoes that got holes in them after only 3 weeks of wearing them. Like a dumbass, these were shoes I paid full price for. Now, most of them were not top of the line. But I did wear Jordans outdoors once in a while.

Once Nike put an outlet nearby, all that was over. I would go to the outlet and buy whatever good shoe they had. Most of the time I wouldn't even pay $50.

That is the way to do shoes for the outdoors game. There is no point in destroying something that is actually cool or high priced. Save those shoes for the hardwood.

Unless you get them for real cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment