Thursday, May 27, 2010

More people would be mad if...

We all know how bad Jordan Brand has gotten with their retros. If you haven't seen it, there is a video on Youtube about the quality of the 25th anniversery XI's, the guy got them and they were basically falling apart. I don't have the address, if you haven't seen it, try to search Youtube for it.

If people actually knew how good OG's were back in the day, people would be pissed about how crappy retros are now. I think most people that buy retros now either never had OG's for whatever reason or don't really remember how good they were.

I know I've stated here in the past that we shouldn't complain about retros anymore. I'm rethinking that statement. It seems like they just get worse and worse.

The kicker is, now they have BIN's. What a fucking joke! They make them the same quality as the OG's and sell them for ALOT more.

I've been wondering how they justify selling old Jordans for more then new ones.

There isn't anything new in these old shoes they retro. Just some crappy colorways and cheaper materials. They don't even fit like the OG's.

They are not improved, they're just made cheaper in every way they can think of. If you cut a millimeter off here and there on one shoe, you can save a shitload in material over a production run.

Nike/JB doesn't care about the shoes anymore. I think most of us have known this for a long time now.

Too bad.

Edit- Here is the video. Thanks Bob. It only took me half an hour to figure out how to put it up here.




Normally I wouldn't post someone elses material. But I think this needs to be seen by everyone that is a Jordan fan.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZK1EledT0
    you mean this one? Just embed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. I was looking for that for a few days before I posted this. I wasn't looking really hard, otherwise I would have actually found it and posted it.

    ReplyDelete