Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Space Jams

These shoes suck!

Let me tell you, all the hype around this shoe is one of the problems with the sneaker culture today.

Nike/JB know they have something that will sellout instantly. The only reason they released this shoe was to make money. I can't really blame them for that. If I had something that could make me a bunch of money, bet your ass I would sell it.

But these shoes suck! They aren't good for basketball. Anyone reading this knows there are going to be quality issues. They don't use real patent leather. You KNOW the soles will yellow just by looking at them. The price went up about $40 from the last release, why? They are already on eBay for as high as $489(your fucking crazy). Nobody will actually wear them, they will either resell them later or be afraid to wear them because of the clear sole. Break out your Seaglow, or whatever the hell that shit is called!

The smart thing to do for anyone that wants them but couldn't get them this morning, wait a couple of weeks and these prices on eBay will come down. 90% of the people buying these are going to resell them. Once the see their shit isn't selling, the prices will come down. It happens all the time now.

Seeing how people are reacting to this shoes and release is making me sick.

I can dream about this release being the one that breaks the back of the current culture. I know it is just a dream, people are probably going to go batshit crazy for the Powder Blue IX's next year. All of the real collectors just have to be patient.

I wonder how the people that kept their origianl Retro XI Space Jams feel today.

Wait, there's a new term for us, OGR(original retro). That's the culture for ya. Thanks Nike!

No comments:

Post a Comment