Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Two in one day???

There is a post on Sole Collector talking about sneakers going out of style/fashion. Most of the 12 year olds there think it won't happen.

I've made a few references to this in a couple of my posts here.

People don't remember, or don't know because they are 12, that it's happened before.

Early 90's, all kinds of people were wearing sneakers. Then a company called Timberland came along and everyone and their mother started wearing hiking boots. I remember reading sneaker companies lost money because of this. It's the reason Nike, adidas and Reebok started making boots.

History repeats itself.

A LOT of people that actually know what they are talking about are saying a downward trend for sneakers is coming. I've been saying it for a while now. There are little signs here and there.

I honestly can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment